The Smith & Wesson CSX is one of the first 9mm micro-compact pistols to feature a metal frame combined with a single-action only hammer-fired design.
The metal frame is paired with Smith & Wesson’s polymer grip inserts that allow you to customize the grip to your hand.
The CSX is currently on sale from several online firearms retailers for around $600.
Smith & Wesson Press Release
Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), a leader in firearm manufacturing and design, introduces the launch of a completely new product to their line of pistols, the CSX. The CSX is built on an aluminum alloy frame with interchangeable polymer back straps, providing the user the ability to customize their level of concealment and ergonomic fit. Chambered in 9mm, the CSX holds an impressive 12+1 capacity and comes with an additional 10 round magazine for deeper concealment.
“Since the launch of the M&P Shield® pistol, Smith & Wesson has been invested in the compact concealed carry firearm market. Last year, we modernized and updated the legacy platform by increasing capacity and updating the trigger geometry with the release of the Shield™ Plus. With the design of the CSX, we started with a fresh canvas; providing the consumer with a completely different option for concealed carry,” said John Myles, Senior Product Manager.
The CSX was designed with flexibility in mind and, despite its micro-sized frame, the CSX packs both ambidextrous slide releases and manual safeties. Additionally, the CSX comes with two changeable magazine release buttons providing left-handed shooters the option to convert from the standard right-handed magazine release. While the CSX is packed with many rich new features, it also features some of Smith & Wesson’s classic design characteristics like the optimized 18-degree grip angle and textured front and back straps.
The slide has serrations on the front and rear to assist with slide manipulation. The rear serrations are accentuated with a flared design on both sides to make racking the slide even easier. The barrel is 3.1” inches and features a one-in-ten twist rate to optimize accuracy. The CSX pistol is single-action-only and is equipped with a very comfortable flat-faced trigger to provide a crisp, clean, and consistent trigger pull.
Smith & Wesson CSX Features
- Aluminum alloy frame
- Glare reducing serrations on top of slide
- Interchangeable, textured backstraps including small and extra small sizes for better concealability
- Textured front strap
- Ambidextrous manual thumb safety
- Ambidextrous, elongated slide stop
- Two magazine release buttons included for left and right-hand shooters
- Chamfered ejection port to help ensure no snags when drawing from a holster
- Slide includes EZ-tab integration for simpler racking
- Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Flat-faced trigger with integrated safety for a consistent ﬁnger placement
- Single action for a light, crisp trigger pull for accurate shot placement
- 1 in 10˝ twist rate
- Armornite® durable corrosion-resistant ﬁnish
Smith & Wesson CSX Specs
- Caliber 9mm Luger
- Capacity 10+1, 12+1
- Length 6.1
- Front Sight Metal White Dot
- Rear Sight Metal White 2-Dot
- Action Single Action
- Grip Interchangeable Backstraps
- Barrel Material Stainless Steel with Armornite® Finish
- Slide Material Stainless Steel with Armornite® Finish
- Frame Material Aluminum Alloy
- Slide Finish Matte Black
- Frame Finish Matte Black
- Barrel Length 3.1” (7.9 cm)
- Weight 19.5 oz.
- MSRP $609.00.
Related Article – Smith & Wesson Releases Two Upgraded M&P9 M2.0 Pistols
Stay Tuned to the RE Factor Tactical Blog and be part of this all VETERAN-run website. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn for exclusive content and deals.
Check out our DAILY DEALS page for industry deals and discounts.
Visit our Amazon Influencer Page for more products we recommend: https://www.amazon.com/shop/refactortactical
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *