Let’s take a look at Smith & Wesson’s latest take on the original full-sized M&P line of pistols; the full-size and compact M&P9 M2.0 Optics Ready pistols.
This latest iteration of the M&P isn’t new, but rather a fine-tuning of the existing M&P9.
Smith & Wesson did not reinvent the wheel, they just streamlined it and made it better. The upgraded M&P9 M2.0 has something for every shooter.
The two new M&P9 M2.0 variants; the full-size series and compact series, ship complete with Smith & Wesson’s C.O.R.E. system of seven mounting plates, allowing the shooter to mount a wide variety of red-dot optics.
Additionally, they both come with Tall optics/suppressor-height three-dot sights. A further upgrade is its new M2.0 flat-face trigger, a design that Smith & Wesson says optimizes shot-to-shot accuracy and consistency.
Related Article – Smith & Wesson M&P 2.0 Chambered in 10mm
M&P9 M2.0 Features
- Slide cut for optics
- M2.0 ﬂat face trigger for consistent ﬁnger placement that allows for more accurate and repeatable shooting
- Manual thumb safety
- Picatinny-style rail
- Forward slide cocking serrations
- Low barrel bore axis makes the M&P pistol comfortable to shoot reducing muzzle rise and allowing for faster aim recovery
- Optimal 18-degree grip angle for natural point of aim
- Enhanced grip texture allows the user to manage recoil, keep a ﬁrm grip, and delivers comfort when concealing
- New M&P M2.0 trigger with a lighter trigger pull
- Tactile and audible trigger reset
- Accurate 1 in 10˝ twist M&P® M2.0™ barrel
- Extended rigid embedded stainless steel chassis to reduce ﬂex and torque when ﬁring
- M&P’s patented take-down lever and sear deactivation systems allow for disassembly without pulling the trigger
- Seven mounting plates included
- Four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts for optimal hand ﬁt and trigger reach – S, M, ML, L
- Armornite® durable corrosion-resistant ﬁnish
What Smith & Wesson has to say about the New M&P9 M2.0
New Feature-Rich Enhancements on the Reliable and Proven platform
SPRINGFIELD, Mass., (November 23, 2021) – Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. (NASDAQ Global Select: SWBI), a leader in firearm manufacturing and design, today launched the latest expansion in its M&P M2.0 line of handguns, introducing the newly enhanced M&P9 M2.0 Compact and the full-sized M&P M2.0.
Listening to feedback from consumers, our newest models come standard with a new trigger, optics ready cut slide, and a price point that maximizes the value and savings to our customers. By utilizing our C.O.R.E.™ system of mounting plates, the end-user can mount a variety of popular optics. Also included in this upgrade is our new M2.0 flat face trigger. This new design optimizes trigger finger positioning and delivers consistency for more accurate shot placement.
John Myles, Smith & Wesson’s Senior Product Manager, said, “The diversity of the C.O.R.E. system for mounting electronic sights, the consistency of the new flat face trigger, and all of the high quality existing features of the M2.0 family combine into a unique shooting experience and a variety of aftermarket consumer choices for use at the range or for personal carry.”
These new handguns are purpose-built with the end consumer in mind. They include M2.0 features and are available with or without an ambidextrous manual thumb safety. The M&P9 M2.0 comes with the familiar 18-degree grip angle, four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts, and enhanced grip texture to help manage recoil.
The MSRP on the M&P9 M2.0 pistol is $654.00 to $665.00.
To learn more about the Smith & Wesson M&P9 M2.0 pistol series, including spec sheets and images, please click here.
To ensure you’re not missing our content, you can have it delivered to your email inbox. Just sign up below and stay informed of new content and exclusive deals only our email subscribers know about.
Visit our Amazon Influencer Page for more products we recommend: https://www.amazon.com/shop/refactortactical