Made under stringent specifications, the Maxim Defense MD11 has the robust construction and efficient performance you require, whether engaging close or long-range targets.
The MD11 is geared for precision at ranges of over 1000 meters. No matter which build you choose, rest assured, that you are arming yourself with the best.
This large frame SR25 rifle is available in 6.5 Creedmoor or 308 Winchester utilizing 18" Proof Research carbon fiber or stainless-steel barrels allowing them to come in at just 9lbs.
They come with a carbine buffer system and B5 Sop-mod stock and utilize the Gisselle SSA-E trigger. They are available in Urban, Arid, and Black.
Geissele SSA-E Trigger
The Geissele SSA-E X trigger is a perfect addition to an SR25 patterned rifle where accuracy and reliability are critical. This two-stage trigger uses a standard .154" trigger and hammer pin so it will fit in any Mil-Spec lower receiver.
It features a lightning trigger bow that’s designed with a flat face and curved bow to spread pressure over more surface area, allowing better trigger control and accuracy. Each Geissele SSA-E trigger has a nano-coated body and hammer with a Chrome Nitride disconnect to protect against wear and corrosion while giving you the reliability and durability you can depend on.
The trigger pull is optimized for both deliberate, aimed fire and quick snap shooting. The first stage builds gradually to 2.3 pounds with a 1.2 pound second stage that breaks clean, so the shooter can stay on target throughout the pull. A lightweight hammer driven by a full-power hammer spring speeds lock time and delivers positive ignition of all ammo types, thus improving reliability in the field when it counts.
Why The Geissele SSA-E Trigger Was chosen For The Maxim Defense MD11
- The Geissele SSA-E trigger has a total pull weight of about 3.5 lbs; 2.3 pounds on the 1st stage and 1.2 pounds on the 2nd stage.
- The trigger and hammer are made from quality tool steel for durability and longevity.
- The sear surfaces are cut by a wire EDM machine. Being cut this way provides a very accurate and non-directional surface finish that gives a smooth trigger pull without the associated grittiness of directional machining marks left by a milling cutter.
- The initial force needed to start the disengagement of the sear is low and only increases at a low rate. This helps the shot to fall at the initial point of aim and put the rounds where his sight is pointing.
- The Geissele SSA-E trigger allows the shooter to "slap" through the trigger pull on close-in shots but also set up a long-range shot with a crisp trigger break.
- A full force hammer spring is used for quick locktime and positive ignition of all types of ammunition. This increases the overall accuracy of the MD11 platform.
18" Carbon Fiber Proof Research Barrel
Proof Research is on the leading edge of manufacturing Carbon Fiber barrels.
Their patented process produces barrels that are much lighter than comparable steel barrels, are stiffer, and have less harmonic vibration than steel. Additionally, they dissipate heat much quicker than a steel barrel resulting in longer barrel life.
The composite barrel wrap technology used by Proof Research is what separates them from everyone else. With a carbon fiber Proof Research barrel, you’re getting the weight of a pencil profile barrel but all the accuracy and thermal performance that you would get from a heavy target barrel.
The carbon fiber wrap technology does a few things. First and foremost, It increases the stiffness of the barrel versus a skinny pencil profile barrel.
The carbon fiber material is also engineered to not only expand at the same rate as the steel but also dissipate the heat much faster. There are certain parts of the barrel that get hotter than others, and the carbon fiber helps spread that heat across the entirety of the barrel so that it can cool more efficiently. The carbon fiber barrel will cool somewhere in the neighborhood of 30% faster than an equivalent steel barrel.
Why The Carbon Fiber Proof Research Barrel was chosen for the Maxim Defense MD11
- They are up to 64% lighter than steel barrels
- Have Match-grade accuracy
- Improved heat dissipation for cooler and longer-lasting barrels
- No point-of-impact shift during high-volume fire
- Reduced harmonic barrel vibration
- Unprecedented durability
Maxim Defense MD-11 Specifications
- Manufacturer: Maxim Defense Industries
- Model: MD11
- Pattern: SR25 Rifle
- Action: Direct Impingement
- Caliber: 6.5 Creedmoor
- Other Calibers Offered: 308 Winchester
- Overall Length (in inches): 37"
- Barrel Length (in inches): 18"
- Upper/Lower Construction: Billet 7075-T6 RECEIVER SET
- Ambi Controls: SELECTOR, MAGAZINE RELEASE, CHARGING HANDLE
- Weight, w/empty 20 RND magazine, no accessories: 9lbs
- Handguard Length (in inches): 15.5"
- Handguard Acc. Attachment: M1913/M-Lok
- Trigger Pull Weight 2.9 – 3.8 lbs.
About Maxim Defense
Maxim Defense Industries is a defense development company aiming to give our military and first responders the next generation of tools and equipment to succeed in today’s most extreme environments. The company primarily engages in small arms manufacturing producing better, lighter, and more reliable weapons and accessories.
As an industrial-design-centered organization, Maxim seeks to improve and enhance existing weapons platforms alongside developing cutting-edge technologies for redefining the future. Maxim is headquartered in St. Cloud, MN. To learn more, please visit www.maximdefense.com and follow them on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
Stay Tuned to the RE Factor Tactical Blog and be part of this all VETERAN-run website. Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn for exclusive content and deals.
Check out our DAILY DEALS page for industry deals and discounts.
Visit our Amazon Influencer Page for more products we recommend: https://www.amazon.com/shop/refactortactical
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *