Table of Contents
- Rural King Shotguns
- Kel-Tec KSG 12-Gauge Pump Action 12rd 18.5″ Shotgun
- Mossberg 500 Youth Super Bantam 20GA
- Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge Pump Action 28″ Shotgun
- Remington 11-87 Sportsman Field 12 Gauge Shotgun
Rural King Shotguns
Rural king has been expanding into the gun market as a necessity to their customer base, which are mainly farmers and hunters. RK Guns has near 100 shotguns to choose from, but I want the focus to be on the top shotguns Rural King carries, such as Mossberg, Remington, and Kel-Tec. I prefer a semi-auto shotgun because I want to maximize my opportunity in hitting a bird flying over my head. However, the allure and history behind a pump shotgun is always something to respect and enjoy. I have included top brands that RK Guns carries in both semi-auto and pump, so we have something for everyone.
Kel-Tec KSG 12-Gauge Pump Action 12rd 18.5″ Shotgun
Kel-Tec is one of the best and well known pump shotguns on the market, and one of the most recognizable shotgun brands. The Picatinny Rail offers an incredible amount of customization with lights, lasers, and optics on either the top or bottom of the frame. The KSG is great for left or right-handed shooters, with the shell-feeder on both sides of the tube and the manual feed selector located behind the trigger guard. With a rubber butt pad, stopping most of the felt recoil, you can shoot up to 13 rounds with one shell chambered. One thing separating Kel-Tec is their use of a glass reinforced nylon, called, Zytel, to produce their grip and stock assembly. It feels great, prevents slippage in wetter climates, and can be easily taken apart by removing 2 pins inside the grip.
|Condition||New in Box|
- Great capacity with 13 rounds
- Easily customized to each shooter with the multiple Picatinny rails
- Great power capable of taking a deer or bear if shot with the right slug
- Accommodating to Left-handed shooters
- After attachments and custom sights, the KSG can run well over $1,500
- Just under 7 pounds, the KSG is heavier than some of the other options here
- 2 feed tubes
- Multiple Picatinny Rails
- The feed side lever is behind the trigger guard for ambidextrous feel
- Smooth pump action feels very nice in a Kel-Tec
Why Should I Buy The Kel-Tec KSG 12 GA ?
I would buy this shotgun if you’re interested in customizing your shotgun with advanced optics, lights, lasers, and even rifle scopes. I love the Kel-Tec as a self defense shotgun because it offers more than enough firepower at 13 rounds and the psychological impact of pumping a shotgun will have any intruder think twice about hurting you and your family. The KSG is going to be the top of the market type of shotgun, so if you have the funds for it, you won’t regret getting your hands on one.
Where Can I Buy A Kel-Tec KSG 12 GA?
Mossberg 500 Youth Super Bantam 20GA
As a parent who loves to hunt, there is nothing like getting your legacies involved in the long-standing tradition of harvesting their own food. Much like teaching your children to throw a baseball or shoot a jump shot, shooting a shotgun is paramount in building the base for hunters. Whether it’s hunting for waterfowl or getting squirrels for your grandma’s famous squirrel gravy, this is a great starter gun for children to start with. Since the 20 GA is smaller than a 12 GA shotgun shell, it has less recoil and is less effective against bigger targets, such as deer, bear, or elk. This shotgun is designed to reduce the recoil with an extra recoil pad to help beginners get used to handling a shotgun. The Mossberg 500 Youth Super Bantam is perfect for either target shooting or birds and squirrels, but can be loaded with non-lethal rounds like rock salt for self-defense, as well.
|Model Name||Mossberg 500|
|Condition||New in Box|
- Spacer with the synthetic stock gives better recoil control
- Manual safety lever
- Great price
- Shorter adjustable length of pull for smaller people provides much more comfort for younger shooters
- The Synthetic stock can feel cheap compared to a wooden stock, but I recommend buying an aftermarket stock from Mossberg for a better feel.
- Very basic for a shotgun makes me want to just buy a regular Mossberg 500 12 GA and not spend extra money on a less powerful shotgun. As far as training your children to shoot, this is great, but I know mine will learn on a full-sized shotgun when they’re ready to.
- Dual bead sights for a wider sight picture
- Blued Barrel with a vent rib
- F, IC, and M Chokes
- Synthetic Stock with an extra recoil reduction pad
- Adjustable length of pull for smaller shooters
- Shorter barrel for more stability as you shoot
Why Should I buy The Mossberg 500 Super Bantam 20 GA Shotgun?
The Mossberg 500 Super Bantam 20 GA Shotgun is a great tool to train your children how to operate a shotgun, safely and effectively. I recommend this shotgun for anyone under 5 feet tall and less than 130 pounds because the adjustable length of pull allows you to customize the shotgun for the measurements of the shooters arms, no matter how short or long. The added recoil stability control in this shotgun is great as well. Finally, I think anytime you buy a gun, you need to think about the manufacturer. Mossberg has been one of the staple names in shotguns for the last 50 years because they provide a great product that is easy to control, safe to use, and made with quality parts.
Where Can I Buy A Mossberg 500 Super Bantam?
You can buy this shotgun from so many places that I can’t list all of them in this blog without overdoing it, but I can give you my favorite spots to buy from. You can buy from Mossberg directly, go to the Rural King website and place an order, or go to Palmetto State Armory. Remember, if you buy from Palmetto State and are a Veteran, Active Duty Military, or a Police Officer, you’ll receive a great discount that pays for the taxes and shipping of the gun.
Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge Pump Action 28″ Shotgun
Remington has been one of the most trusted companies over the past century in our nation, and one gun that helped make it that way was the Model 870 Wing Master 12 GA shotgun. This shotgun is built for the hunter that wants the power of a 12 GA shotgun with less felt recoil and more control. You can hunt bear, deer, waterfowl, and coyotes with this shotgun, and the smooth twin action bars ensure you will get off your follow up shots without interruption. This shotgun is very heavy (7.5 lbs) and very long (48.5″) or just over 4 feet long. The modified Rem Choke is the staple of this shotgun, with more condensed spread for shooting at longer distances with an above average spread. Even if you’re not a great bird hunter or don’t have the best reflexes, the Remington 870 Express Pump Action Shotgun will make you look better than you are.
|Model Name||870 Express|
|Condition||New in Box|
- Phenomenally priced
- Chambered to shoot 2 types of shells gives this shotgun more versatility than most other brands
- The Rem Choke compacts your spread to allow you to shoot up to 20 yards further with a respectable wider spread
- This specific model is for my fellow lefties out there!
- Very smooth operation for a pump shotgun
- Very heavy
- Very long
- lower than average ammo capacity
- Standard Express finish on barrel and receiver
- Shoots both 2 3/4″ and 3″ shells
- Receiver milled from a solid billet of steel for maximum strength and reliability
- Silk-smooth twin action bars prevent binding and twisting for maximum strength and reliability
- A Modified Rem Choke
Why Should I buy The Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge Pump Action 28″ Shotgun?
This shotgun is relatively cheap in comparison to many other hunting shotguns and provides a great spread with an extended max range from the standard shotguns. The felt recoil is strong, but definitely reduced by the butt pad so your shoulder isn’t bruised for a week after a day out hunting or on the range. This shotgun is going to provide you with the best chance at getting rabbits, birds, or varmint,
Where Can I Buy A Remington 870 Express 12 Gauge Pump Action 28″ Shotgun?
Remington 11-87 Sportsman Field 12 Gauge Shotgun
The Remington 11-87 Sportsman Field shotgun is one of the highest rated shotguns of any brand, with durability and reliability being the most talked about features. I love the auto-loading feature that allows you to get shots out as quick as possible without sacrificing accuracy from felt recoil. This shotgun is perfect for target shooting in competitions or for shooting past a gaggle (skein) of geese to time your spread properly. This shotgun is incredibly accurate, but comes at the price of the weight and length of the gun. Aesthetically, I think the 11-87 model is one of the most beautifully made shotguns produced today.
|Condition||New in Box|
- Beautifully made with stained Walnut for the stock (this specific is synthetic, but always go with the wood if you can)
- Great follow-up shot accuracy
- Great price for an auto-loading shotgun
- Incredibly durable
- Reliable after thousands of shells pushed through
- The 28″ barrel provides great line of sight and aim down sight speed
- 8 lbs is a lot to carry around, especially when you’re raising it above your shoulder line a lot tryin to shoot birds out of the air.
- It would be incredible with a higher capacity than 5 shells
- 28″ Vent Rib Barrel
- Black Synthetic Stock
- Molded in rear sling swivel stud and front stud included in magazine cap
- Constructed with a solid steel receiver for strength and durability
- Features smooth-operating actions that reduce wear and provide quick follow-up shots
Why Should I buy The Remington 11-87 Sportsman Field 12 Gauge Shotgun?
The 11-87 is perfect for sport shooters who want to participate in competitions, such as the 3 gun challenge,or avid hunters who prefer to have rapid follow up shots without losing line of sight on ther. This shotgun is incredibly versatile with different options for shell sizes and replaceable stocks. Buying this shotgun at Palmetto state versus the Remington store will save you more than $400 before your veteran or military discount.
Where Can I Buy A Remington 11-87 Sportsman Field 12 Gauge Shotgun?