Suppressors….or silencers (whatever you’d like to call them) improve the safety of the shooter, improve the accuracy of your firearm, and are just plain fun to shoot.
If you’re looking for the best AR15 suppressor, we have something you need to take a look at.
Let’s take a closer look at the new Maxim Defense DSX-D Duty Suppressor for 5.56, 7.62, and 6.5 Creedmoor.
The DSX-D (Duty Suppressor System – Direct Thread) Suppressor
This suppressor is specifically designed to minimize the violent cyclic rate and gas blowback of a suppressed weapon system such as the AR-15.
The suppressor consists of a three-piece MonoKore design that adds 7.25″ to the muzzle of your rifle. The DSX-D is rated for full auto in all available calibers; 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and 6.5 Creedmoor.
There is, however, an 8.5″ barrel restriction.
Additionally, the suppressor can be pinned to a 10.3″ barrel to essentially give you a 16″ overall barrel length.
DSX-D Suppressor Features
- State of the art MonoKore Design
- Simple 3 piece design
- Constructed of military-grade materials (Grade-5 Titanium and 17-4 Stainless Steel)
- Increase reliability and longevity with host firearms due to low gas blow back and low gain in host weapon cyclic rate compared to other more traditional suppressor designs.
- Drops the sound level below the OSHA hearing safe threshold of 140dB
- Purposely built for each available caliber (5.56, 7.62, 6.5 Creedmoor)
- The suppressor core has integrated carbon cutters for easy tube cleaning
- Full auto rated in all available calibers
- Ships with direct thread mount (1/2×28 for 5.56 or 5/8×24 for 7.62 and 6.5 Creedmoor)
- Disassembles with common tools for end-user serviceability
DSX-D Suppressor Technical Specs
- Diameter: 1.75″ outer diameter
- Material Composition: Grade-5 Titanium and 17-4 Stainless Steel
- Weight: 21 ounces
- Overall Length: 7.9″
- Finish: Cerakote and DLC (Diamond-Like Coating)
DSX-D Suppressor Testing Protocol
SOCOM Firing Table test is conducted using 8 fully loaded 30-round magazines, fired sequentially at different rates, from 1 round per second to a full auto mag dump.
Magazine #1 – 1 round per second
Magazine #2 – 2 rounds per second
Magazine #3 – 1 round per second
Magazine #4 – 3 to 5 round burst
Magazine #5 – 1 round per second
Magazine #6 – 2 rounds per second
Magazine #7 – 1 round per second
Magazine #8 – FULL AUTO mag dump!
For more information on the Maxim Defense DSX-D and other suppressor systems, visit their website.
Check out our DAILY DEALS page for industry deals and discounts.
Visit our Amazon Influencer Page for more products we recommend: https://www.amazon.com/shop/refactortactical