“New Upper Receiver, Superior Performance for our Warfighters”
S.W.O.R.D. International’s Defense division has announced the immediate availability of their Piston Upper Receiver Group-Enhanced (PURG-E).
We’re told that the PURG-E, was designed to address problems identified by those who actually work in the field, using the current weapon systems and M855A1 round.
S.W.O.R.D. Defense Releases the Piston Upper Receiver Group- Enhanced (PURG-E)
The PURG-E integrates with Mil-Spec lower receivers and was engineered and manufactured to provide a cleaner, highly reliable, and extremely durable operating system, according to S.W.O.R.D. Defense.
“The M855A1 has a number of characteristics in its design that make it an effective tool for the warfighter, some of those characteristics such as the increase in chamber pressure and cartridge design make it a liability for existing DoD weapon systems.”
-Jeremy Elrod, President
New Upper for New Ammo
According to S.W.O.R.D. Defense, they created the PURG-E in response to direct feedback from those who have worked in the field. In turn, it reduces fouling and gas blow-back, identified after adopting new M855A1 ammunition.
“We designed our PURG-E upper to solve these accuracy, reliability, and durability issues. The PURG-E upper converts existing MIL-Spec lowers to the right system for the M855A1 cartridge. The PURG-E also allows for use of the readily available cartridges such as M855, Mk-262 MOD1, and COTS ammo.”
We’re told that PURG-E features are centered on the rotating bolt, which is built with added material and radius where it counts most. Other improvements include:
- A driving band ride surface and lubrication groove to minimize the flex seen with a standard ring style bolt configuration.
- A newly designed, incredibly durable ultra-lightweight bolt carrier that substantially reduces unlocking and recoil impulse.
- Enhanced materials used in carrier, bolt, and operating systems to increase strength and reliability.
- Proprietary enhanced gas piston system to allow for use of traditional rounds and M855A1
S.W.O.R.D. Defense claims that these enhancements make the PURG-E a far more effective tool in the hands of warfighters while maintaining the tried and true proprietary, self-regulating, short-stroke gas piston system.
- Weight: 4.2 lbs
- Overall Length: 23.5”- 25.5”
- Height: 7 ¾″ Rear sight to bottom of pistol grip
- Barrel Length: 12.5”-16” Cold Hammer Forged
- Caliber: 5.56 x 45 NATO (M855A1)
- Mode of Fire: Safe, Semi-Automatic, Fully Automatic
- Feed Mechanism: Magazine 10/20/30/60 Round
- Operating system: Short stroke gas piston and pushrod system Rated action spring (Included) Hydraulic recoil damper (Included)
- Coatings: Bolt/Extractor Titanium Nitride, MPI tested Carrier Black Nitride
For more information, you can visit https://sworddefense.com/purge/